Sunday, January 28, 2007

Puerto Natales to Puerto Montt Ferry, Day 3

The last day on the ferry, and I woke up in much better spirits from the night before as we were back in the safe and sheltered sound of the Chilean islands. At about 4AM I believe we entered back into our safe and calm waters.

At 7:30AM the loudspeaker announced breakfast (repeatedly) and for the first time I got myself out of bed to enjoy it. The last few days I would rather not rush to get up just for a plate of uncooked eggs, stale biscuit, butter and jam, but since I didn’t have dinner the night before my stomach gave me that extra push I needed.

Right away I could feel that the air was much warmer, and the skies clearer. You could easily see plenty layers of little islands off in the distance at different depths; it was beautiful. Glassy waters, clear blue skies and that morning glow placed over the entire view.

Most of the passengers on this ship have over the last couple of days gotten to know each other quite well as you can hear the volume in the lounge or cafeteria area increase as the hours and days go by. Although somehow I find myself not wanting to socialize. I think that Mike would be a bit more social if it weren’t for me, always wandering to my cabin or somewhere where nobody will strike a conversation. I honestly don’t know exactly why I feel so anti-social, not just now, but on the trip in general, other than lack of interest. I am not interested in why they are here, what they are seeing, etc. I don’t mean that in a snobbish way either, but I guess I find myself enjoying time by myself or with Mike other than a stranger. I miss my friends, I don’t feel the desire to try and find new ones unless the opportunity presents itself. You don’t realize how enjoyable time by yourself can be when you don’t get it often. At home, between work, all your forms of communication (cell phone, telephone, emails, etc), Mike, my friends and Candy, there is very little time just for you.

Throughout the day, the weather still stayed on the cold side, surprising to me as we are quite a bit north of our original location. We got to see some whales today from beside the ship. Watched pirates of the Caribbean, finished my other book and got a couple good naps in. I think I’m napped out!

Early morning, at like 3AM the boat is supposed to land in Puerto Montt, although they will not let the passengers off the boat until 7AM. I’m looking forward to putting my feet on land!!! I’m sure not born to live on the sea! I miss land!

"I slept great!"

"I'll be happy to get off this thing"

This sheep convinced Amie not to eat mutton ever again

4 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

hoopla...that's where I'm gooooingggg

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

paski has said it the best, and now I can only repeat his comment.. hoopla... thats where im gooooingggg.

9:03 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, nike air max, prada handbags, nike outlet, tiffany and co, burberry handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, polo outlet, michael kors outlet online, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, chanel handbags, prada outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, replica watches, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin

9:21 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

barbour uk, ugg pas cher, doudoune moncler, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, vans, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, canada goose, karen millen uk, moncler, hollister, doke gabbana, toms shoes, supra shoes, pandora charms, ugg uk, louis vuitton, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, hollister, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, links of london, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, moncler uk, converse outlet, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, barbour, canada goose jackets, ugg, moncler, converse, pandora uk, louis vuitton, moncler, replica watches, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban, gucci, ugg,uggs,uggs canada

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free site statistics