Sunday, February 18, 2007

Santiago

Today the plan was to head off to the “nice” part of Santiago. We didn’t sleep that great, even on our blow up mattress. It’s a bit like a water bed when its not full of air, and I toss and turn which drives Amie nuts. So I guess, neither of us slept that well. I think we were woken up to a superstar couple upstairs going at it on a very squeaky bed. Superstar because we tried to ignore them for about an hour and a half.

We took the subway down to Provencia and Los Leones. It was a bit nicer indeed. Amie found her purse, and we enjoyed lunch at an outdoor café. We’ve learned the hard way to add up the bill in our heads before we actually get it so we know right away if it is correct. There have been numerous incidences where we have been over charged, or given the wrong change. In fact, it already happened here in Santiago last night. The change came back, $2 less than was expected. I made a point of it, and then saved money on the tip (I don’t leave one in those situations).

We tried again without success to contact our shipping agent, Ronald Chaytor of AceCargo. Its optimistic to think I’d get him on his cellphone on a Sunday, but it was worth a shot. I’m more than a little anxious for tomorrow when we drop Yoshita off. I really hope it goes smoothly. I’ve always read, “make sure the bike goes before you do” and I don’t think we will be able to accommodate that. We leave on Tuesday, and we are dropping the bike off for crating on Monday. I’m crossing fingers and toes things go smooth.


Middle of the night emergency bed inflation

Lots of subways in Santiago

We are HERE

Santiago contrast
free site statistics